Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Come fly with me... (US leg of the tour :))

This month has been virtually non stop travel and it's been amazing... here's a rundown... it'll come in parts... this US portion only covers 4 days... get ready.

We all went to Phoenix for my brother's graduation from medical school ("hogwarts" to my sister-in-law... see: cap and gown = wizard robes ;)). We got there on the 3rd, pomped and circumstanced on the 4th, and left on the 5th. On the 5th the family scattered, with my brothers and sister-in-law going back to Houston, Dad using the little time he gets in the states these days to spend the day in San Jose to visit his brother and family, and Mom and I jetting off to the glamorous city of Rochester, NY for her cousin's wedding.

We were literally in Rochester for less than 36 hours. It was nice, though, because my grandfather was the oldest of 11 siblings. I'm not even sure how many cousins my mom has, most of whom have families of their own scattered all over the world. Needless to say, when even a fraction of the family can get together at any given moment, it's truly a blessing. For me, sometimes I feel like it helps keep my grandfather closer to my mother's heart to see him in his siblings in her aunts and uncles. Thirty-six hours definitely wasn't enough time for family bonding but my khalas optimistically pointed out that there will be plenty of time when my wedding rolls around. Yeah, no pressure.

Anyway, we left Rochester and got back to Houston at 11am on the 6th, just in time to grab the rest of our luggage, turn around and go back to me my dad at the airport.

And off to Singapore we went...

1 comment:

  1. Good ol' Rochester. That's where my husband's from, so we go there quite a bit. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!

    ReplyDelete